Changing Mind’s Educational Psychologists use a range of assessment techniques, which highlight both individual’s strengths, and possible areas of development. Individual assessments build on strong psychological principles and focus on providing information relating to:
- The learning/school context, i.e. situations where individuals are most likely to meet difficulties in their learning;
- Strengths and situations/tasks where individuals experience less/least difficulty;
- Specific ways in which individuals approach learning tasks;
- Identification of emotional as well as cognitive features of an individual’s approach to learning;
- How the individual’s learning scenario could be improved;
- A detailed picture of the amount and type of input that will be necessary to bring about the required amount of change.